This weekend, bikers will make their way from downtown Cumming to Dahlonega for a good cause.
The 27th annual Buck Jones Memorial Toy Run will start at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Cumming Fairgrounds and first stop at Dawsonville City Hall before ending at a final stop in Dahlonega.
Of the 18 athletes on the team, 15 came from Forsyth County schools:
The GHSA state championship meet this past weekend featured a fill of success from county teams. Lambert won the Class 7A title, with South coming in second, West coming in third, and North coming in fifth, and Central finished sixth in the co-ed standings. Denmark, in its first year in the program, finished second in Class 4A.
Our 15 are
- Kenna Bange, Forsyth Central, Sr.
- Lindsey Dishon, Forsyth Central, Sr.
- Audrey Smith, Forsyth Central, Jr.
- Lizzie Coffin, South Forsyth, So.
- Sadee Sherrick, South Forsyth, So.
- Kendall Stephens, South Forsyth, So.
- Blaire Hilliard, North Forsyth, Sr.
- Payton Hurley, North Forsyth, Fr.
- Anna Lindsey Sturtevant, North Forsyth, Sr.
- Jacqueline Miller, West Forsyth, Sr.
- Mackenzie Pierce, West Forsyth, Sr.
- Jordan Wilder, West Forsyth, Sr.
- Danielle Kunin, Lambert, Jr.
- Maddie Tattersall, Lambert, Sr.
- Savannah Vo, Lambert, Jr.
The “special, strong six” sounds like a group of superheroes, but it’s the nickname for the six Student Advocacy Specialists working with Forsyth County students. The specialists build positive and appropriate relationships with students, educators and families and guide students to problem-solving.
They engage in crisis prevention, which involves a commitment to continuous learning, primary intervention, assessing volatile situations and anticipating necessary interventions. There is one specialist at each school cluster:
The only city in Forsyth County is about to get a makeover. The mayor of Cumming unveiled a project he said will make the city a destination.
Being in the Marine Corps for 17 years, it was always difficult for Cumming resident Dave Robbins and his wife Ammee to leave their dogs in the care of strangers, especially when Dave was deployed to Iraq in 2004.
From 2 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 17, 2018 SR Homes will host an afternoon with Santa Claus! Festivities include FREE Santa pictures.
Brighten the day of a local senior citizen this holiday season!
Forsyth County Senior Services invites everyone to be a holiday angel to a local senior citizen by participating in the 2018 Holiday Gift Angels Program.